Saturday, September 25, 2010

BONGO BONGO SOUP

I found this recipe in one of my local cookbooks that was taken from a restaurant that closed or was sold years ago.  I thought I would never get the recipe and It was in my collection all this time. I remembered how much I loved it.  I have to make it now.
And may I add, I don't eat oysters but I will eat this wonderful soup.

Bongo Bongo Soup
¾     pound spinach, fresh or frozen
1      8 oz can of oysters, drained
2      quarts chicken stock
1      medium potato, peeled, grated
        salt to taste
¼     pound butter
¼     cup powdered milk

Simmer all ingredients, except butter and powdered milk,
 for about 20 minutes.

Take off heat and allow to cool slightly.

Blend the broth and the solids in the blender with a 
portion of the butter and powdered milk until all is used.

Strain through cheesecloth, then taste.

The soup may be adjusted with a little more salt, 
powdered milk, butter or potato, or a combination.

No comments: