Thursday, October 15, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO ON COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND.

I went up with friends and we saw "Wicked" at the Orpheum Theater on Market.  Had lunch in the really super food court in front of Bloomingdales. I wish we had a food court like this.  Wonderful food. Cream Puffs to die for too. The play "Wicked" was okay. NOT great. No reason to buy the CD. Costumes  and actors were excellent. I just think the play was weak.  Then we came back on Sunday into the pier area to see the Blue Angels fly over and the Columbus Day Parade.
Had a really nice time and ate lunch on the wharf. It was cold and over cast. We didn't see the sun until we hit Morgan Hill driving down 101 to check out the Gilroy Outlets. I found a cookbook I wanted (I know you are totally surprised I don't already have it) so I was happy. Parking was expensive.  $21 on Saturday when we saw the play.  $28 on Sunday at Pier 39 where we parked.


Do bring money if you come to San Francisco.  Or ride in on the Bart.  Ground transportation is good.  Of course, riding a bus is its own special entertainment.  You never know what you will see.

No comments: