Saturday, September 26, 2009

A BOOK REVIEW Bravo!

THE ART OF SICILIAN COOKING by Anna Muffoletto was written in 1971.  I happened to buy a copy and found lots of recipes I remembered from my mother's family.  I then bought more copies and sent them to cousins who liked to cook.  It may have been the first Sicilian cookbook published in the US.  I don't remember any others at that time. Now, there are 5 or more on the bookshelves of most bookstores.  My cousin used her copy to the point she had to put a rubberband around it to keep it together. Recently she lost it. She has grandchildren, enough said.


If you can find one online, buy it. You will not be disappointed. I don't even know if the author is still alive.  
I found the following information on line after much searching. 


Anna is an American of Sicilian parentage who taught gourmet cooking classes in New York City. A food consultant and educator, she has taught in New York schools and colleges, and has been employed as a commercial dietician by top food chains.  A Cordon Bleu graduate, she has also studied in major cooking schools around the world and has her own cooking school, the Cordon Bleu Cooking School of Gourmet Gallery.

No comments: